How To: Correct the State ID and reprint only that state's W-2 forms.
Strategy: Correct the State ID; Mark the entire file of W-2 forms as already printed; Mark all W-2 forms for the reporting state to be reprinted as not printed; Print all W-2s as usual.
For illustrative purposes only, the state of Iowa will be used in the solution that follows.
Step 1: Correct Iowa's State ID
- Open the client's W-2 forms as usual.
- From the File menu, select Edit filer.
- Click on the State ID tab.
- Make the change to Iowa's State ID.
- Close the Edit Filer window.
Step 2: Mark the entire file of W-2s as already printed
- From the W-2 Tools menu, select Set Print Indicators.
- Click Begin.
- Click Yes to proceed.
- When done, the Printed indicator at the top of each W-2 form will be checked.
- From the W-2 Tools menu, select Clear Print Indicators.
- Click Select Filter.
- Select Reporting State #1 from the list of available filters.
- Click Retrieve to populate the list with available reporting states.
- Click IA.
- Click From to define the start of the range.
- Click To to define the end of the range.
- Click Begin to verify the range and proceed.
Creating a Filtered Range
NOTE: When done, the Printed indicator will be unchecked on each W-2 form having a Reporting State #1 of IA. Since W-2 forms allow for the possibility of two reporting states, you should repeat Step 3 for Reporting State #2 filter as well.
Step 4: Print all W-2s as usual
- Only those W-2 forms with a Report State of Iowa will be printed.
Copyright (c) 2018, Account Ability Software, All Rights Reserved