Friday, May 11, 2018

How To Correct 1099 Returns Reported Under An Incorrect Payer (Not Recipient) EIN?

Write a letter to IRS containing the following information:
  • Name and address of the payer 
  • Type of error (include the incorrect EIN that was reported) 
  • Tax year 
  • Payer's correct EIN 
  • Transmitter Control Code (TCC), if applicable 
  • Type of return that was filed 
  • Number of payees (recipients)
  • Filing method (paper, electronic) 
  • Was Federal income tax withheld? 
Send the letter to

Internal Revenue Service
Information Returns Branch
230 Murall Drive, Mail Stop 4360
Kearneysville, WV 25430

IRS will contact you with further instructions.

Copyright (c) 2018, Account Ability Software, All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. The above procedure applies to the entire family of information returns 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, 5498 and W-2g